The days are finally getting longer and slightly warmer. It’s suddenly time to embrace a new season. Goodbye to the winter wardrobe and hello to bright colours and light layers. Spring is here!
It’s time to look through your child’s wardrobe and see what still fits; what can be passed on or what needs replacing.
To help you get ready for the change in season, here are some helpful tips to consider what wardrobe essentials are perfect for now and to take your little one in to summer.
- Layering is the key to spring dressing and, as we all know, children love to take off their clothes! BigErnClothing’s colourful and bright collection of tees, sweatshirts and hoodies are perfect for layering, and with a variety of bright colours, your child can be spotted quickly! A cosy hoodie can easily be taken off when it gets warm. Mousqueton’s collection of zip up hoodies and cute baby cardigans are also perfect for that layer on layer look.
- All mums want their children to be comfortable. Comfortable clothing supports active play and also makes it an easy task for children to dress themselves. Me&Henry have a great selection of super soft, stylish and comfortable shorts with elasticated waists for an easy spring/summer option. We also love Turtledove London’s dungarees which match perfectly layered over a t-shirt or vest or can be worn on their own for warmer days. The hems can even be rolled up or down depending on the weather and those growing legs!
- For the really little people in your life, Piccalilly’s footed sleepsuits and rompers are a spring must have with their sweet, colourful designs and comfortable fit. Made from 100% organic cotton, the collection is super soft against delicate skin. Pop a little vest underneath for cooler days or wear alone if the sun comes out. Alternatively, pull up trousers are a great transition from the sleepsuit and look gorgeous with a vest or a blouse.
- Although it may be getting warmer, there is always going to be a chance of some rain and and one of the simple pleasures of childhood is jumping in puddles! Didriksons Block Kid’s jacket is a versatile, waterproof jacket with taped seems for a 100% waterproof construction. Check out their waterproof pants too. Obstacles like a rainy day won’t spoil the fun!
- And don’t forget to keep those feet covered with a good pair of socks. We love Horizon Socks toasty and practical collection. Ideal for all outdoor and leisure activities and fully cushioned for added comfort.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries or pop in to the shop at Chapel Lane, Kirkby Lonsdale (open 7 days a week).